After looking for a while now, I finally found some good snowboarding gear at the end of the season clearances. So this past weekend I got to test it all out. I wanted to take a lesson for at least a few hours first to get into the swing of things, so I called around to a few places. There are a few mountains within a couple of hours of Seattle, so we were just going to go for the day on Saturday. I ended up getting a lesson at Crystal Mt., which is right around Mt. Rainier just south of Seattle. As we were driving down there in the morning, it was raining pretty bad which was a little discouraging, but as soon as we started going up the mountain it was snowing which was much better for playing in the snow! I did a 3 hour lesson when I first got there and it definitely helped out a lot. By the end of it, I was able to go down the easy hill by myself without falling down. Although I wasn't going fast at all, it was on the easiest hill, and I didn't do anything fancy. At least I tried! It was good fun and I'll probably give it another try this weekend at a closer mountain.
No comments:
Post a Comment