Inglorious Basterds was pretty great. We went Friday night and I was a little iffy as to whether or not I would actually be able to stay awake through it, but it definitely kept my attention! I spent a good bit of the movie with my hand in front of my face preparing to avoid the gruesome footage, but I also spend a good part of the movie laughing and the ridiculous lines. Brad (we're on a first name basis) is a phenomenal actor no matter what, but I've become a big fan of these goofy roles that he's been doing lately. Anyway...props to the movie.
We spent a lot of time this weekend looking at new places to live in Seattle. We went to several different apartment buildings to scope them out in search for a slightly larger place without paying much more and also allowing the pup in. We also checked out some other apartments in the same building we're currently in. There's actually a really great studio apartment that is a good bit bigger than the current one and 3 floors up from where we are now but in the same building that we really liked. It has a pretty good sized walk in closet too, which is awesome! So Ryan might be moving apartments in just a couple of weeks! Turns out we could also knock $100 off of our parking fee, which would make the new place about the same price that we had been paying for the old place. Plus the 5th floor is still really new, the new apartment has never been lived in, and the 5th floor isn't very occupied yet so it is amazingly quiet...for now. The only problem being that technically dogs over 25lbs aren't allowed in the building, so we kind of have to hide Tara. Although she doesn't technically live there anyway, so I guess we can't get into too much trouble. So we'll see how it all turns out. We also did a good bit of football watching...War Eagle!
I busted out my crock pot a few weeks ago when I was staying at Ryan's and going to training across the sound. I am often amazed at how easy and successful it is to throw some ingredients into the pot at the beginning of the day, go to work all day, and come home to a cooked meal! A couple of weeks ago I made a great BBQ shredded chicken (it was soooooo moist after cooking all day that it just fell apart with goodness). This weekend I thought I'd try the crock pot again making a great jambalaya with all kind of fresh goodness from the pike place market. Again it was great to throw everything together, then be able to run errands and look and apartments and such and come home to an awesome meal!
We spent a lot of time this weekend looking at new places to live in Seattle. We went to several different apartment buildings to scope them out in search for a slightly larger place without paying much more and also allowing the pup in. We also checked out some other apartments in the same building we're currently in. There's actually a really great studio apartment that is a good bit bigger than the current one and 3 floors up from where we are now but in the same building that we really liked. It has a pretty good sized walk in closet too, which is awesome! So Ryan might be moving apartments in just a couple of weeks! Turns out we could also knock $100 off of our parking fee, which would make the new place about the same price that we had been paying for the old place. Plus the 5th floor is still really new, the new apartment has never been lived in, and the 5th floor isn't very occupied yet so it is amazingly quiet...for now. The only problem being that technically dogs over 25lbs aren't allowed in the building, so we kind of have to hide Tara. Although she doesn't technically live there anyway, so I guess we can't get into too much trouble. So we'll see how it all turns out. We also did a good bit of football watching...War Eagle!
I busted out my crock pot a few weeks ago when I was staying at Ryan's and going to training across the sound. I am often amazed at how easy and successful it is to throw some ingredients into the pot at the beginning of the day, go to work all day, and come home to a cooked meal! A couple of weeks ago I made a great BBQ shredded chicken (it was soooooo moist after cooking all day that it just fell apart with goodness). This weekend I thought I'd try the crock pot again making a great jambalaya with all kind of fresh goodness from the pike place market. Again it was great to throw everything together, then be able to run errands and look and apartments and such and come home to an awesome meal!
Even better then the ease of the lovely crock pot was the deliciousness of crème brulee. I think the last time I tried to make that was several years ago at a RHLO post thanksgiving potluck. It's always been one of my faves so I thought I'd give it another go with some new little crème brulee ramekins that I got a while back. I didn't have any fresh fruit to top it with, but I must say that chocolate shaving will do the trick! Hello delectable!
No comments:
Post a Comment