Monday, October 19, 2009

Play Time!

Liz and Andrew had stayed in Seattle all week, and this weekend was their last weekend there. Before they left I wanted to do a special dinner with them and our other Seattle Auburn Alumni friends! I had found a coupon in The Stranger (a seattle newspaper) for a little cabaret bar right in the Pike Place Market, Can Can Cabaret. After reading some reviews, I decided we should give it a try. It was a little underground eclectic bar that had a cabaret type show while you were eating. The show that we went to happened to be a bollywood spin on Rocky Horror Picture Show. It was definitely amusing. It reminded me of some shows I went to in Auburn. They have different shows every night and I'd really like to try one out that is more of a comedy or acrobatic thing. One of the best things about this place though was the food! Your ticket price comes with $25 worth of food/drinks included. They had about 6 different kinds of mac and cheese which were amazing. We tried a few different kinds, and I think that alone makes me want to go back to the place! It was sooooo good! I tried a little sample of the three cheese, the gorgonzola and pear, and the chipotle cheddar. AMAZING! It was also just a lot of fun to hang out with the awesome group of Auburnites! Liz and Andrew headed back to Atlanta the next morning, so it was good to see them one last time.


Saturday, after watching a disappointing Auburn football game (again!) we went to a game night birthday party which was a BLAST! I love game nights in general, and this was a really great group of people, mostly Ryan's coworkers. We played Scene-It, which I was pretty terrible at since I can rarely remember movies I've seen or actors' names and such. I think I redeemed myself playing Taboo though. That's definitely one of my favorites, and everyone got really into it. Girls won...of course!

Sunday we went to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, which I've been wanting to see ever since it came out! It was one of my favorite books when I was little. This was also the first 3D movie I've seen, and it was sooooooo cool! I am definitely a big advocate of seeing every 3D movie that comes out from now on. It was a great movie, especially since I have the sense of humor of a 5 year old, so I thought it was hilarious! It was made even better when the credits rolled and I found out that the monkey, who spoke a whole maybe 5 words, was played by Neil Patrick Harris...awesome. Highly recommended!

No comments: