Sunday, May 20, 2012

Catching Up

Just a few random photos/updates from the past few weeks before I get into the next big blog post! A few weeks ago there was a big earth day event on our base. Our group planned on doing a cook out as a fundraiser at it and we were all asked to help out with it. Since I don't have great muscles for setting up and tearing down and don't have any great desire to cook meat, I offered to bake some cupcakes to bring to the event! In keeping with the earth day theme, I made some carrot cake cupcakes with grass frosting and some chocolate dirt cupcakes complete with a little worm in each one! They came out super cute but I hadn't actually even tasted them before I brought them in and was just hoping for the best since I tried out new recipes. They were a HUGE hit! One of my bosses (who is typically pretty negative and doesn't dole out compliments much) came over to my desk later that day super excited and told me the chocolate cupcake was by far the best cupcake he had ever had in his life! I'll definitely be using both those recipes again!
In other cupcake news, little boy Ben turned 2 a few weeks ago! Of course I couldn't let that go by without a special treat! I found a few recipes for dog friendly cupcakes and tried one out. It was pretty much just a peanut butter banana cupcake without any sugar in it at all. Ben was pretty confused at first, but proceeded to enjoy it. Tara didn't hold back at all and devoured hers immediately ;)
In non food news, we made it to a baseball game a few weeks ago. It was especially exciting because it was against the Detroit Tigers! We went with a few guys Ryan works with and had a blast. I thought the Tigers had it clenched and they were ahead the entire game, but somehow the Mariners had a huge comeback in the 9th inning and won! Boooo. At least I got to cheer on the tigers.

No comments: