I got an extra long weekend this past weekend to spend time with my little mom! She flew into town Wednesday night pretty late. Thursday afternoon I introduced mom to Crossfit! I love that Crossfit is something anyone can do and you can easily modify each workout to fit people of all different fitness levels. I got a good quick workout in and mom got to learn about muscle strengthening, which is super important!
Friday was a big day. We drove over to the north side of Mt Rainier and did the Noble Knob hike. It was a beautiful sunny and 80 degree day which was awesome! As we got to the top of the ridge we also got some great views of Mt Rainier. It was a little hazy at the peak though so it was a little tough to see. Ben had lots of fun running around like crazy too.
When we got home we cleaned up and got ready for a fancy dinner out! Our fall wine shipment had just come in and the place we go to pick it up is a nice little tapas restaurant/wine bar. We figured since we needed to go pick up our wine we should go get some food too. It was also a good excuse to get mom all dressed up ;)
After our dinner we got to pick up Lauren from the airport! She got in pretty late and we had all had a pretty long day, so we went back to the house for the night. Saturday morning the three of us road tripped it down to Portland for the night. Again it was an amazingly beautiful day out, so it was awesome wandering around the city. We started out walking along the waterfront. I love the portland waterfront. If we had more time I would have loved to just lay down on one of the huge grassy lawns and read a book. We wandered through the Saturday markets which was full of all kinds of art and food and ended up at Voodoo Donuts which is a famous little shop full of bizarre little creations. We got a half down donuts to take back to the hotel. After dropping off donuts we found a little bar/cafe to grab some lunch in and sit out on their patio for a while.
We spent the rest of the day wandering around the city including a lengthy stop in to Powell's bookstore. We ended up at the Portland City Grill on the 30th floor of one of the buildings downtown (thanks to Leigha's suggestion!) for happy hour and to get a great view of the sun setting over the city.
We spent the rest of the night eating donuts, drinking wine, and playing games in the hotel room. So much fun! Sunday morning we headed out of the city to a big waterfall about half an hour away. We took the mile hike up to the top of it and had some great views of the Columbia River.
We hurried back to Seattle Sunday night so Ryan and I could make it to our Lindy Hop Dance class. Lauren headed back to SF Monday morning and Mom and I spent the day getting her hair did, shopping, and wandering around the neighborhood. This morning in the wee hours I took Mom to the airport on the way to work. It was a great little vacation, I always love visitors!
No comments:
Post a Comment