Monday, October 29, 2012

Maui Wowie!

What an awesome week we had last week!! We went to Maui for a wedding week for one of Ryan's cousins. It has just started to get into winter weather (rain) in Seattle, so it was perfect timing to jet off to 80 degrees and sunshine for the week! We got there and checked into the hotel Saturday evening and hung out at the poolside happy hour until the rest of the wedding group arrived. You can't beat starting out a vacation sipping drinks with this view:

Sunday we all woke up bright and early thanks to all the time zone changes. I actually had to force myself to stay in bed until it was actually light enough outside to go for a run. We spent a few hours running and doing a little crossfit workout by the water before getting ready for a pool day. The resort we stayed in had 4 different pools. Two were by the bar that were open for everyone, one was an amazing infinity pool that was just for adults, and the last one had a sweet play structure and water slides for kids! Luckily we had a small child with us so it wasn't too weird that we were fully utilizing the water slides. It was great fun!





Monday was the official wedding day! Ryan and the guys took off in the morning to do a little hiking and cliff jumping. I spent most of the day hanging out at the pool with the bride before it was time to get ready. Once I was ready, I got the be the pseudo photographer for the rest of the ladies as they got ready and the bride had her hair and makeup done. We also had to get the little flower girl all done up for the big event. Just before sunset we all headed over to a 'secret beach' were the ceremony was held. It was a super cute little ceremony right on the water with all of us standing around them as the sun was setting. I can't wait to see all of their official photographs because the sunset that night was UNREAL! One of the best one I have ever seen. Perfect timing for all their wedding pics. Even my iPhone pics turned out amazing!






After a night of celebrating, we took it easy Tuesday morning until it was time for our next adventure...zip-lining! It was a fun thing that the whole family could do together which was awesome.





Tuesday was also the groom's dad's birthday, so we celebrated afterwards with a little mexican fiesta! Love me a margarita!

The night ended with a very sleepy little girl who needed Ryan to carry her back to the room...how cute ;)
Wednesday was another relax day at the resort. I really liked this resort, I felt like there was a ton to do there, it was gorgeous all the time, and people brought us drinks anywhere we went. I could get used to this!





Our last full day was a crazy fun filled day of excitement! We started out bright and early with a little snorkeling trip. I'm so glad we got to fit this in especially since I now have my sweet underwater camera! We started out at a little crescent shaped island off the coast. There were lots of fish and even a couple of eels at the bottom of the ocean. From there we went a little closer to the shore where there were sea turtles EVERYWHERE! I was actually a little nervous I was going to run into one at one point. It was so cute swimming with them!









The final shebang of the week was the whole group going to the Luau Thursday night! We had a big ol' roasted pig and lots of delicious drinks and a couple hours of entertainment. So much fun and a great way to top off the trip!





We hung out by the pool for a few more hours with a few of our group. The pools were soooo pretty at night too! Friday morning we all met for one last breakfast before packing up to head out. We definitely lucked out having the shortest trip to and from Hawaii. I love that it's faster (and often cheaper) to go to Hawaii than to the east coast from Seattle. I definitely want to make this a more often trip. Also, if you can believe it from seeing all the pictures that I did post, when I got home my camera card got corrupted and I seem to have lost about 200 pictures. I recovered about half of them, but there's still a lot missing. I'll keep working on getting those to show up again, but at least I have all the ones that I have! I guess I'll just have to go back for some more. 

Now it's back to work and back to 50s and rain again. Can't wait for our next trip!

No comments: