Sunday, April 28, 2013

Seahawks 12k

Last weekend we did another race. Yes, this time Ryan got suckered into running it too! I was pretty excited about this one because I've done it a few times and each time I do a little better, so that was the goal for this year too. I really like the course on this one despite it being mostly an out and back which are normally pretty dull. This one goes out to the Seahawks training facility, through it where the drum line is playing, then back to the start area. Last year I finished as the 10th fastest female with a time of 57:24. I was pretty confident I could run faster this year, so I was hoping to place a little higher too. Turns out there were a lot more people at the race this year, and a lot more fast people, so while I did run faster this year with a time of 55:26, I only placed 15th this year. I also need to remind myself not to consume large amounts of wine the night before a race. I was definitely feeling it around the 5th mile...oops!



No comments: