Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pickens Time!



 
No this has nothing to do with picking apples or pumpkins or any of those fall favorites. This post is all about my sister...who happens to be a Pickens ;) Lauren came up for a last minute visit to Seattle last week/weekend. Unfortunately I still had to work on the Thurs/Fri, so she entertained herself wandering around Queen Anne and getting sat on by the two puppies...(we were puppy sitting for a couple weeks). Friday morning Lauren got to join me for a Crossfit class...so excited she's into Crossfit now too!! As if our arms weren't sore enough from Crossfit, we decided to hit up a rock climbing gym Friday night. I had a feeling it would be something Lauren would enjoy, and of course she caught on super fast and had a lot of fun with it!

Saturday we may have been a little bit of bums. We watched the football game and Lauren read her book. We had thought about going out for the evening and checking out another neighborhood, but we were enjoying our relaxation so much that we finished off the evening in that style. Queen Anne has a local video rental store...which I had never actually been too and assumed most other people hadn't either. Turns out it was pretty happening, and it had the movie we were looking for! I can't remember the last time I rented a physical movie from an actual store! I might have to do that more often now that I'm signed up for an account! We spent the night watching 'Seven Psychopaths' followed by 'The Secret World of Arriety' accompanied by delivery sushi. Awesome lazy night. Also, Lauren had to be back at the airport at 4:30 the next morning, so it was probably a good thing we took it easy ;)
 
In other Pickens' news...my brother-in-law (Lauren's husband) is working on boosting financing for his company which produces resin for 3D printers. Check out his fundraising page and all the cool things you can get your hands on if you donate some money!! They've spent a lot of time figuring out the best chemical combination to make the highest quality resin to print with. I don't have the slightest idea how they do it, but it totally prints and looks better than other resins out there!
 

1 comment:

Emily @ EAKaHouse said...

Sounds like fun! I love delivery sushi!