Thursday, May 22, 2014

8th Place!!!!


I did absolutely nothing competitive last weekend...but I watched 6 of my good friends kick some serious booty in the North West Crossfit Regionals and end up in 8th place!!!! The Crossfit Games (See this post and this post from last year) are like the Olympics of Crossfit. In order to make it to the games, you have to qualify through the Regional events. In order to participate in the Regional events, you have to have top scores in the Crossfit Open. The Crossfit Open is literally open to anyone in the world. You do the workouts and log your scores from home or your gym or wherever you are. The top 45 men, 45 women, and 30 teams from that move on to participate in their Regional event. This year was the first time that our gym qualified as a team to go to the Northwest Regionals!!! 

Our team was actually ranked 10 out of 30 teams to make it to the Regionals...and we happen to be great friends with all 6 of the members of the team, so obviously we had to go cheer them on!! They have been working incredibly hard to get to this point, and I'm so proud of them. They competed with the other 29 teams from the region in 8 events over 3 days and ended up ranked 8th in the Region which is HUGE for their first time competing in the event! The top 3 teams from each region move on to compete in the Crossfit Games in July, so they didn't quite make that cutoff, but they certainly proved that they deserved to be there! It was so awesome to be there to cheer them on and I'm so proud of them all! I can't wait to see what happens next year ;)









No comments: