Our last few weekends haven't been too exciting, mostly because we were busy studying for one of many architecture registration exams...which we both passed! We have had some great weather lately though, so we've taken advantage of that with some close to Seattle hikes and such!
Last weekend I also participated in my first trail run. It was like a normal timed race except it was on trails through the woods. It felt so different than my normal road races. It was super frustrating that I couldn't go my normal race pace, but once I got over that, it was a lot of fun. There were definitely hills and mud and logs to jump over and rocks. It made for an interesting 5+ miles. I would definitely try one of those again!
A couple of weekends ago Ryan had an afternoon of client meetings on the Eastside, so I dropped him off and Ben and I climbed up a mountain. It was an awesome hike. It was close to Seattle, but somehow not very packed at all, I maybe saw 15-20 people on the trail. It was super steep, to the point of using hands to pull myself up at points and the top was mostly boulders to scramble over. That made the short 2 miles seem a lot longer. The top was beautiful! 360 degree views on a ridge of boulders and it happened to be perfectly sunny out!
Last weekend after my trail run, I apparently thought it was a brilliant idea to climb a mountain as well. It was actually supposed to be a 3 mile hike into a lake, but it was really a 2 mile hike up to the ridge then a mile hike down to the lake on the other side. We got to the top of the ridge, enjoyed the view of the lake from the top and turned around. It was still a really pretty hike though and not too packed with people again!

.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment