Creating a child, that's what! I apologize for the lack of blog posts in a couple of months. I haven't been super busy with a ton of photo worthy activities because I've been working my little butt off on making a small child inside of me. That's right...Baby Boy Stephenson is due to enter this world in April 2016!
We found out I was pregnant at the beginning of August. Originally I was thinking I would keep it a secret between just Ryan and I for the first trimester since it's quite well known that things could easily go wrong early on leading to a miscarriage. Well, that idea didn't last too long. I was reading some baby forums about sharing the good news and one of them made a great point about that you should tell the people who you would want to know to support you if something bad did happen. I don't really keep much from my immediate family and close friends, so with that we went ahead and announced to our families at 5 weeks! A couple of days later we went on a backpacking trip (see previous post) with some close friends, so I ended up spilling the beans to them as well. When we were on our backpacking trip, I actually snapped a photo that I was wanting to use as a social media 'announcement photo' and I was super excited about it. As the weeks went on, I've actually decided that this isn't something I need all the random people I am connected with on Facebook to know that I am having a child. I really like that the only people who know are people who I've spoken to personally. So I guess, consider this my social media announcement...although I think anyone who reads this blog has already been informed ;)
![]() |
| Adding an extra pack to our crew ;) |
I am now about 17 weeks along, so into my second trimester. We had a 10 week ultrasound which looked great, did the genetic testing which looked great, and just had a 14 week apt where we heard the heartbeat which sounded great. So all thumbs up so far! I had about 3 or 4 rough weeks of all day nausea (I don't think 'morning' sickness is a thing...it's all day), nothing debilitating though, I've still been working every day. The only thing that seemed to help though were lots of carbs and greasy foods, which once that phase was over with, I needed a serious detox!



No comments:
Post a Comment