I was lucky enough to be able to take off nearly 4 full months of work for maternity leave. I must say, I don't know what I would have done if I had to go back to work any sooner. I really enjoyed every minute of it even if it was completely exhausting and a bit challenging, it was amazing watching Gunnar grow into a little human.
After both of our moms were in town for visits, we were able to go on our first family adventure...camping! It was a little cold and rainy, but Gunnar took it like a champ and seemed to enjoy being outside so much!
Our next adventure was to fly across the country to Georgia for Aaron and Chena's wedding! Gunnar did great on his first flight and slept most of the time. He was still at the stage where if he started crying I could just feed him to make him calm down, so it worked out great. He did great at all the wedding festivities and bouncing around from place to place sleeping in different beds and cribs. Hopefully that means he's pretty adaptable.
Next adventure was Michigan! Gunnar and I flew up there by ourselves for a couple of weeks before Ryan joined us just in time for the next wedding! It was a good relaxing getaway and Gunnar really started to talk and interact a lot more at this point.
Next big adventure was Gunnar's first backpacking trip! Aaron came in town for a visit and we hiked in about 3.5 miles to Annette Lake, set up camp and spent the night there. It was a perfect distance to start with and the lake was a beautiful backdrop to our little camp ground. I was nervous that it would get too cold at night for Gunnar, but he managed to sleep through it all!
Last big adventure for the summer was a weekend getaway on the Columbia River with 3 other families. I was a pretty relaxing weekend, but Gunnar got to try out playing in some water for a bit on nice sunny days. He also got to hang out with another baby all weekend...not that they really interacted at all...but they will someday soon!


























No comments:
Post a Comment