Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Seattle Seafair

This weekend was the kickoff of the Seafair in Seattle. I'm not really sure what all goes on with it, but I think there are going to be several aquatic type events and festivals next weekend and I know there's supposed to be a blue angels show as well. Anyway, last weekend we participated in the 8k run that was part of the kickoff for it. It was a really neat little route through the city, but the best part was that it was right before the big Seafair Parade started and the last 2 miles of the run went down the parade route which was already lined up with fans who cheered us on all the way back to the stadium. It's been pretty toasty in Seattle lately, so when the race began at 6:30 it was still hot and sunny out. By the end of it, however, when we were all crazy hot and sweaty, it started to drizzle just enough to be a perfect cool down at the end of the race. The theme of the Seafair is pirates, so there were several people dressed up as pirates in the race. Also to compliment the theme, we got super cute t-shirts with a little pirate logo on them! OK, I realize that I am easily amused, but how cute is that?!? 


No comments: