Last week I took Thursday and Friday off of work. I spent all day Thursday making Ryan a sweet halloween wolf suit (which I now think I need to make many more versions of it because it is sooooo comfy and cute) then Thursday night we picked up Ryan's brother and his girlfriend from the airport so they could play with us all weekend in Seattle! Friday Ryan had to work so the rest of us worked on scaring up a few more costumes. We spent the afternoon/evening wandering around Seattle and finishing up costumes.
Sunday after some tastey pancakes, walking around the waterfront, and some disc golf, it was time for halloween costumes!! I dressed up as little red riding hood, Ryan was a wolf, Aaron was Carl from 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force', and Che-na was a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man. We started out in Fremont where we had already missed all the supposed festivities involved in 'Trollaween'. We ended up visiting the bridge troll where there were still a few costumed stragglers then wandering around Fremont for a little while. There were a lot of people dressed up and walking around, but they weren't really in any particular establishment, so we headed up to Capital Hill, which we knew would make for an interesting night. There were TONS of people dressed up everywhere. Lots and lots of flamboyant males dressed up in skanky outfits. There's a pretty prominent gay bar there, The Cuff, that had a line around the block of people waiting to get in, all males, and all uniquely sparsely dressed. It was quite a sight to see. We bypassed that venue to head to one of our faves, Oddfellows, where we spent most of the rest of the night hanging out and taking in the sights.
Sunday morning we got an extra hour...yay! We took Aaron and Che-na to Tilth, which is a fabulous organic brunch place in a cute little house in Wallingford! It was soooooo good. The rest of the day we enjoyed gasworks park, walked around Seattle Center and did the lovely Space Needle fun (yay for our annual passes!) and picked up some delicious brats from Wholefoods to cook for dinner while enjoying the awesome roof deck. After all the talk about it raining all weekend, it ended up being a really great weekend, maybe even enough to convince some more people to move to Seattle! I had to head back to Oak Harbor Sunday night so I could be up bright and early monday morning for physical training followed by meetings aaaaaaaaaaallllllll day long.
Happy Halloweenie!
No comments:
Post a Comment