Monday, November 30, 2009

Pre-Vacation Vacation

My vacation started over a week before Thanksgiving even got here! The week before Thanksgiving I spent Thursday and Friday in San Diego for a Junior Officers Leadership Training. It was a nice sunny break from what has begun to be a typical rainy winter in Washington. Although most of the time was spent indoors in lectures, it was still a nice break from sitting in the office all day. Thanks tax payers for that little vacation!

I got back to Seattle Friday night, and Saturday was ready to start getting into the holiday spirit! Saturday night Ryan took me to the Transiberian Orchestra concert. It was AWESOME!! I am so ready for some serious Christmas music, and it was super awesome to see the guys rock out 90s style to some hardcore Christmas tunes! Plus the laser light show was great too. A great night.


Sunday night Seattle played host to the MLS Cup. It would have been even more awesome if the Seattle Sounders had made it to the finals, but at least we got to watch some David Beckam and the LA Galaxy, and just some great soccer in general. It made me miss all the soccer I grew up with. I'll definitely have to get to some more of the Sounders' games next season. There's a pretty intense following for them in Seattle too which makes it all the more exciting!



No comments: