So, this past weekend was Valentines day, followed by presidents' day (which of course I got off of work). I was told the week before not to make any plans for the weekend because I had a suprise planned by Ryan. I like suprises! Saturday morning, after we dropped of Tara for a puppy sleepover weekend, we got on the road and I found out that my suprise was a weekend in Portland! Yay! I have been wanting to go there ever since we moved to the Pacific Northwest, so I finally got to visit. The weather looked a little iffy as it started to downpour on the drive down, but somehow it managed to stop raining right when we were getting to Portland, and start up again right as we were leaving it the next day...perfect timing! We stayed at a super cute little boutique hotel right down town, so we had the valet park the car and we spent the rest of the time walking around.
After walking around the city a little bit, we came back to the hotel and asked our concierge to see about getting a reservation at this great little restaurant The Urban Farmer. It kind of sounds a little redneck, but it's a super chic place that is apparently really hard to get reservations for! Luckily they had one time available for the rest of the night, so we snagged it up. The place is actually at the top of a hotel, so when we went to dinner we asked the hotel doorman where to find The Urban Farmer...he said 'it's on the 8th floor, but it's booked up for the night' to which we responded 'don't worry, we have reservations'. We're just that important to already have our name on the list :) The food and atmosphere were great and definitely worth the wait!
Sunday morning we checked out of the hotel and left our stuff in the car while we headed to Voodoo Doughnuts. Apparently a really famous doughnut place where they have crazy flavors (like nyquil...eww) and doughnuts shaped like different things and even celebrities I think. After we got there and saw the line wrapping around the block, we decided we weren't quite that motivated to be touristy. I don't know what the deal was, but every place we tried to go to for breakfast was packed. Finally we found a cute little french place which probably ended up being better than any of the other places anyway. It was fabulous!
The rest of the afternoon we spent with further explorations of the city and a nice walk along the riverfront. It ended up being a really nice day all the way up till when we were headed out of town when it started raining again. It was a great suprise weekend it Portland! Just a few more days until our next exciting trip...Montana!

No comments:
Post a Comment