Thursday, February 4, 2010

You Should See The Other Guy!

Sooo...the other guy is a mountain...and he's still standing :( We went snowboarding again on Crystal Mountain. I started out with a lesson at the end of which I was doing pretty darn well! After the lesson we took a snack break and headed up again for my last ride for a while. I hadn't even made it very far down the slope (which was starting to get a little icey) when I wiped out pretty badly. I am very thankful for my helmet purchase which saved my little round head, but my wrist was not so lucky. I was already in a lot of pain and still had to get up and ride down the rest of the mountain...at this point I was freaked out about falling again and making it worse, so it took a looooong time.  After going to the doctor on Monday and again on Tuesday, they determined that I had a small fracture and fit me with an oh so fashionable blue cast. I was going to go for pink but decided that blue was probably more appropriate for a naval officer. It has been a challenge trying to do everything with one hand and be a lefty! But I am learning quickly. I can't wait to get it off though! I have a check up in 3 weeks to see if I still need the hard cast or switch to something a little less cumbersome.
[my arm]
[get well flowers from Ryan!]

1 comment:

mom said...

How do you drive a stick shift?