Since we've been traveling all over the place in the last few months, it was really nice for the last couple of weeks now to actually stay in Seattle! We did a little apartment shopping a couple of weekends ago, and may have found a winner! The Aspira is a new residential high rise in downtown Seattle. It's the first LEED Certified (environmentally friendly) high rise in Seattle. It's a big glass building that is really clean looking from the outside. It just opened a couple of months ago, so all the apartments are brand new. Unfortunately our leases aren't up until November, but hopefully at that point I'll be able to move down to Seattle, and we can get a nice new apartment! And they actually allow big dogs, so we wouldn't have to hide Tara.
Later that weekend we went to a 50s themed party with some friends of ours. They were throwing it for all their employees of a gourmet hotdog restaurant they recently opened in Seattle. It was a fun excuse to dress up!
This past week was really nice out. I actually got to be in Seattle most of the weekend because I was attending a workshop in Everett, about 30 minutes north of Seattle. In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, I made some margarita cupcakes. They didn't turn out as cute as I was hoping, but they were still super yummy! I also made some strawberry scones for our breakfasts the rest of the week. They turned out really well.
This past Saturday we had plans to have dinner at Leigha and Nino's new house. I got to bring the dessert, which of course I'm a big fan of making that and making other people eat it all! This time I made little chocolate peanut butter tarts. I've tried then once before and they turned out even better this time, and they're so easy! Their house is so cute, and I got to inherit all their old wedding magazines (2 bags full!) It was good to catch up and discuss wedding plans and such. Sunday morning I got to go with Leigha to pick up her wedding dress!! It was so pretty! She gave me lots of good advice for when I get to start my dress shopping too.
The whole weekend was really pretty out, so we also enjoyed walking around outside and soaking up some sun sitting in the park reading wedding magazines...let the planning begin!!
No comments:
Post a Comment