This Sunday I went wedding dress shopping with Leigha and Sarah. There was one dress that I had found online that I really wanted to try on before I made any decisions about other ones. Good things I went because it is soooooo 'THE dress'! We went to the Alfred Angelo boutique and the lady really freaked me out at first. I told her I knew exactly which dress I wanted to try on and started looking through their catalogue to show her, but I couldn't find it!!! I tried to explain to her what it looked like and she kept bringing out the wrong dresses and telling me she couldn't think of any other ones it could be. I started getting a little nervious thinking that they no longer carried it or something! Luckily we busted out the trusty iPhones and quickly looked up the image from the website to show her and get the style number off of it. Relief finally set in as she finally found the right one! I tried on a few different dresses but knew I was in love with the one I had come in for and actually found one other one that I really loved too. Leigha was kind enough to be my photographer for the day. We left the store with the choices narrowed down to the top two. After looking though the photos, I knew I had to go with the one that I had originally fallen in love with! Although pictures will not be posted on here, I do have a few that can be viewed at your request!
We spent lots of time this weekend playing with baby Benjamin and getting more fun things for him, such as his rockin' new dog tag which should come in later this week. Tara is slowly warming up to him and he tries really hard to make her like him, but she is just not very into playing with anyone. She's getting better at tolerating him though.
This weekend I also picked up supplies for my first wedding craft project. I'm planning on making felt ruffle wreaths to hang on the aisle of the ceremony. I thought it would be warm and fitting for a winter wedding and we could incorporate our color schemes into the ceremony a little more. They are a tedious little project, but I think they'll turn out really cute! I'm going to see how it looks with little yellow oragami flowers on it as well.
This week my bible study treat is cookies and cream cheesecake cupcakes! We spent a little time browsing through Barnes and Noble this weekend (a favorite pastime) and I read through Martha Stewart's cupcake book. Since I had no intensions of actually purchasing the book, when I started drooling over these cupcakes, I quickly iPhone googled the recipe to make sure I could find it online without having to bring the book home. Success!



No comments:
Post a Comment