Monday, August 16, 2010

Swimmies

Ben had a big and potentially terrifying weekend. Since it was sunny and in the 90s, we thought a little dip in the water would be appropriate. We took the dogs to Magnuson dog park which is right on lake Washington. It's got a great little spot for the dogs to go swimming. Tara jumped right in and started swimming around with all the other dogs. She was a little uneasy about the waves when she was standing in the shallower part and almost got knocked over, but she had a lot of fun in the water. Ben, on the other hand had a little more fun showing off his cuteness to all the people around. We tried to dip him in the water a few times, but he didn't not seem to like it at all. When he got out he started shaking really bad, so eventually we gave up. Someday he better like to swim!
Saturday night we went to our first Seahawks game. It was just a preseason game against the Titains, but it was a lot of fun to be there! We might even be interested in looking into season tickets next year. Again it was also really pretty to see the sun setting against the city from the stadium. Seahawks ended up wining 20-18, and we got to see a few former Auburn players on the field again!
Sunday we got busy on a few little wedding details. We started registering!! We went to Bed Bath & Beyond to get started, and ended up with almost 100 things before calling it a day. We still need to go back and pick out a few more things, but we got a great start! We poked around Macy's too, but I think decided there wasn't really anything there to register for that we couldn't find comparable items to at BB&B. We're also going to register at REI, which I'm sure Ryan is more excited about. We'll see how all that goes, and that might be it! It'll be nice to get it all done! We also shopping around a little bit for weddings bands. I think I found exactly what I want, but I'll probably still shop around a little more and I still need to get my engagement ring resized too. Can't wait to get that done!

Just a few more days and we'll be heading out to Michigan! Can't wait to see everyone and get some more planning done! Then it'll be off to DC to do some training (ie. visit Evelyn for free!). It's going to be a busy rest of the month! So much to do!

No comments: