Monday, November 22, 2010

Snowy Seattle

One of these days life might slow down, but until then we had lots of things to do this weekend! Friday night I rushed home from work to get ready really quickly before heading to my first wedding dress fitting! I had gotten the dress in a few weeks ago, but brought it back to the store to have it altered a little and have the bustle sewed in. I really hope everything turns out well, I always get nervous when she started talking about tearing out seams and cutting off fabric and such...I hope it doesn't mess anything up! I'll go back in a few weeks to try it on again, then have a final fitting late January. I still LOVE my dress!
In other wedding news, this is what I sent to the flower lady of ideas that I want for the wedding. I can't wait to see what she comes up with! And yes, I'm a huge nerd and made a pdf of my wedding flower ideas. 



After my dress fitting on Friday night, we went to see the new Harry Potter movie!!! It was killing me that I couldn't see the first midnight showing of it. I figured it wouldn't be the best idea since I would have to be up at 4:55 Friday morning to get to work. So I held off till Friday night. As always...soooooo good! This one was definitely much more dark than some of the previous ones, but it was broken up with just enough humor and lightheartedness. I might have to go back and read the book again now. I'm definitely ready to go see it again, and can't wait till the DVD comes out!!

Saturday morning even after a late night of Harry Pottering, I woke up at 7:30am. I have a feeling that my weekdays wakeups around 5am everyday is going to make me not be able to sleep in on the weekend either...boooo. Oh well, I had a few other things to get done that morning to return my wedding ring (which didn't match up properly to my engagement ring) and send off forms to get reimbursed from the Navy for my move. After I got all that taken care of, I had to take my car in for a maintenance. Saturday afternoon/evening we got a few more wedding things done including screen printing a bunch of our gift bags! I think they're turning out pretty well. We still have a lot more to do, and I can't wait to start filling them!

Saturday we also went to go check out a house that Ryan has been working on designing that is now in the construction phase! It's so much fun to see all the stuff that he's working on that is now starting to be built. I'm so proud of him!
Sunday we went to another job site of Ryan's. This time it was to demo an existing house! This client bought a property with a small house on it, so they're tearing that one down then rebuilding a new house on the existing foundation. We went this weekend to help them demo the existing house so spent a few hours sledge hammering dry wall and ripping down porticos and fun things like that. I can't wait till the new house starts going up!

Starting on Sunday, Seattle got it's first snow for the season. Monday it got even worse. Ben got his first little taste (literally) of snow. I don't think he's a huge fan of it yet...he seems to get chilly when it's in the 50's so snow might not be his favorite.

No comments: