It's official...I'm a Stephenson! I realize I have not blogged in over a month (as my mother has made it very clear that people are waiting for updates) but it's been a very busy month! Lots of fun and last minute planning getting ready for the big day! Somehow I managed to not get photos of most of the pre-partying though as I was busy being the center of attention :) I flew back to Michigan on the red eye Feb11th to arrive just in time for a quick nap before heading off to a bridal shower! It was so good to see everyone and even had 3 people Skype in for it (thanks sisters and cousin)! I got all kinds of fun and exciting things to somehow try to fit into our little apartment. Aunt Shelly, as always, did such a good job putting the shower together and decorating the tables super cute. I can't wait till I have a place where I can entertain like that and have cute dinner parties!
The rest of the week was spent catching up on sleep and finished last minute details (gift bags, getting marraige certificate, ect). Lauren got in Wednesday morning to help keep me sane too :) By Friday night most everyone in the bridal party were in town for the rehearsal dinner! There was a show going on in the wedding location that night, so we had to do an impromptu rehearsal in our family church lobby. Luckily everyone is pretty good at walking and talking so the rehearsal went really quickly so we could move onto the rest of the party! We had the rehearsal dinner at Champps sports bar and after that we had several other friends come join us at the bar. It was so fun to see everyone all together! By 1am or so we figured we should probably get a little sleep before the big day!
[getting ready for the rehearsal]
Finally it was wedding day! Of course I couldn't sleep in and ended up getting up early. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I had been so good about getting everything done earlier that week, that I really didn't have anything to on the wedding morning! Everyone kept telling me that I would be running around frantically in the morning doing last minute things but I was quite confident that I would not. Looks like I was correct. So I sipped my coffee and relaxed for a few hours before it was salon time! I had booked appointments for the whole bridal party and the moms at a salon right next door to the theatre. That made it super easy so we just showed up for the appointments and when we were done walked next door to get dressed and ready for the wedding!
[getting ready for the wedding!]
[our first teaser photo from the photographers...can't wait to see the rest!]
The rest of the night went perfectly! I really wasn't nervious at all, which was awesome! I had so much fun and of course like everyone says, I didn't even get a chance to eat the food or talk to everyone that I wanted to talk to! Now I just can't wait to see all the photos and the video when they're done! It feels great to be done planning now and on to living the married life with my awesome husband :) I definitely waited for the right guy and am thrilled to be able to spend the rest of my life with him!
More photos will be posted when we get them :)
More photos will be posted when we get them :)





No comments:
Post a Comment