Yes, that's right, I officially have a tan from being in Seattle! It was such a perfect weekend! Hopfeully this means that the amazing Seattle summer is finally upon us. Well worth the wait. Friday we had an 'All Officers' Meeting' which was a tour or Fort Worden in Port Townsend, WA. It's big claim to fame is that it is where An Officer and A Gentleman was filmed. Now I really want to go back and watch the movie to see what all I can recognize. We had perfectly blue skies for our treck around the Fort and since it's on a peninsula, when we got to the top of the old batteries, we had great clear views across the sound and could even see the other fort over at Whidbey Island. After our tour we had a little picnic on the beach and enjoyed some fresh sea air...soooo delicious!
Saturday I got my hair did for the last time by the same girl I've been going to for the last 2.5 years! She's moving down to San Jose, so if any of my Bay Area family members needs a great hair stylist, I've got your girl! I might even have to wait till I go visit down there again for my next haircut...I am dreading having to find a new girl...booo. After wandering around downtown for a few hours enjoying the sunshine and shopping, we headed of to a house warming party for one of the houses that Ryan's firm just completed. It was a perfect day to hang out on their beautiful roof deck with great views of the water and mountains while sipping on a few beverages! Later that night we decided to use a Groupon voucher that was about to expire to go see the new Pirates of the Carribean movie in 3D! 3D movies are so much fun...it gets me even more excited to see the next Harry Potter movie in 3D!
Sunday morning Ryan went off to ride bikes down mountains again, so I got to enjoy several hours of gloreous sunshine sitting on our roofdeck! I just started reading 'The Help' so I got a good ways into it while soaking up the rays. I saw a preview for the movie last weekend and decided I should probably get on reading it before the movie comes out. So far it's a great easy read, and perfect for laying out. At the end of my several hours I had definitely built up a good tan thanks to the beautiful Seattle summer! I can't wait for more weekends like this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment