 |
| Redhook Sampler |
This memorial day weekend we hung out with some Brits. Our friend Aimee who is living in Seattle for the next few months had her brother in town for the weekend, so we took him around to a few local sites. Saturday we went out to the Redhook Brewery in Woodinville (near a bunch of the wineries) where we did a little beer tasting. We started out with some lunch with a sampler platter of beer for each of us. Then proceeded to the brewery tour (only $1) where we got a little sample cup that kept being refilled throughout the tour. The tour was pretty simple, but the highlight was definitely the beer tasting. Delish. You'll also notice that I am taking a few more pics these days. The reason being that I finally upgraded to the fabulous new iPhone. My old one was getting so slow that when I did try to take pics with it, it took so long to load that the photo op would be gone by the time I was ready. The same was true of anything else I tried to do with it...soooo slow. Finally I gave up being frustrated with the lack of speed and decided to get a new phone. Lucky for me the new white iPhone just came out, so I was able to snag one of those bad boys! Hopefully this will help me take lots and lots of pics now since my phone is always on me, and it happens to take fabulous photos!
 |
| Me, Ryan, and Aimee |
 |
| Top Pot |
Sunday we decided to take a day trip over to the Olympic Peninsula to go check out the beaches. We started off with some bfast at Top Pot...always a favorite to take visitors to. Then we missed the ferry that we were hoping to get on so we had to wait another hour for the next one. Finally several hours later after a little detour through Forks, WA we made it out to Rialto Beach. Unfortunately it wasn't as sunshiney out as we were hoping, but at least it wasn't downpouring, so we were able to hike up the beach a couple miles and see the sites. We had ben with us, and he enjoyed running around like crazy until he scared a little yorkie dog and we had to put him on the leash. At the end of the hike was the highlight. The 'hole in the wall'. Essentially just a giant land bridge, but it was really pretty, and we climbed all over the rocks around it.
 |
| Aimee, Chad, Ryan, and Ben |
 |
Hole in the Wall
|
After our little hike we headed back towards Seattle with a little stop in Port Angeles for some dinner on the water. We finally made it home around 1am and poor little Tara was sitting there like a good little girl waiting for us. Actually she probably hardly even noticed that we were gone :)
It was awesome to have the day off on Monday. We actually got to sleep in and it was amazing! We ran a few errands and caught up on some housework most of the day. I also got to meet up with Sarah for a little girls date to see Bridesmaids. I didn't really know much about the movie going into it, but i must say I was pleasantly surprised. It was hilarious! It was also fun to see it with my childhood friend since it was all about a childhood friendship...yay middle school friends!
On another note, tomorrow is Tara's 13th birthday!!! Look how pretty she is! I love that I've gotten to take care of her for the past few years, she's such a special little girl ;) Happy Birthday Tara!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Tara
Wow, Ben sure is crazy on the beach!
-Dad
Post a Comment