A lot of excitement going on in the last few days. Last week I had to give a presentation to a group of fellow officers on Public Speaking. I must say it was slightly nerve-racking. I haven't given a presentation like that in a loooooong time. To get myself a little more psyched up for the event I decided to make some cookies to share since the presentation was given at lunch time. So even if my presentation didn't entertain people completely at least maybe the cookies would! I made some delicious banana pecan chocolate chip cookies. They were awesome, although next time I might add more banana since it was such a subtle flavor in this batch, but they still got rave reviews and were completely devoured, and the presentation went pretty well too I must say.
Saturday morning I woke up to a completely awesome surprise! One of the blogs I follow is the Pioneer Woman, and more specifically the Pioneer Woman Photography blog. Every once in a while she has photo competitions where there's a theme and you can submit your theme relevant photos for he to choose her favorites from and then a winner. This week's theme was cell phone photography, so you could submit any photo that you had taken with your cell phone. I submitted a photo that I had taken of Kristen and Jordan at their wedding, along with a few others. There are thousands and thousands of entries for these competition, and everyday the Pioneer Woman selects about 20 or so of her favorite submissions. Saturday morning, SHE PICKED MINE!! Yay!!! You can see the blog post here. She has about 4 days of her favorite submissions, so out of the thousands of photos submitted, mine was at least in the top 100...awesome!
After all that excitement, we headed over to Bainbridge Island for a BBQ with a few of the guys that I work with. It was fun to finally meet all their wives and see everyone in a non work environment. When we got home from that, we got ready for our next excitements...HARRY POTTER 3D! I'm not quite sure what to do with myself now that I can't look forward to the next movie since there won't be one :( I guess I can still look forward to the DVD release then I can have a full Harry Potter marathon...which would clearly be awesome.
Sunday we went by our (fingers crossed) future home! We'll do the home inspection this week and finish up all the loan paperwork, then it'll all be official! We have until the end of August for closing, so we'll take that time to finish up our design ideas so that as soon as the keys are turned over to us we can start the renovation process! Although it may be a slow process and not be completely done for another couple of years, it's going to be great! I can't wait to get started with it all. We also took Ben out at the house and let him run around the yard...he's going to looooove being able to run all over the place when we let him out.
No comments:
Post a Comment