Yay for the holiday weekend, yay for getting 4 days off from work, yay for football season and YAY for visitors!! We got a surprise from the Captain last week saying that we got to have Friday off as well as Monday! This was especially awesome because Friday morning I got to pick up Lauren and Lance from the airport. Even though it was an early flight, it felt great getting to sleep in a couple of hours. Once back in the city, we headed out for a delicious brunch at Flo's where I'm sure I ate waaaaay too much. As soon as we got back to the apartment Lauren and Lance went to meet up with some other friends for lunch...I stayed back to take the pups out and recover from breakfast and finally be able to make it back to the chiropractor which I haven't been able to go to in forever since I've been working such long hours! After Lauren and Lance walked around the city, Ryan finally got off of work as well so we all met up for a sushi dinner and decided to pick up some desserts and wine on the way home for a kinect party! I love having nerdy family and friends who think a great Friday night is drinking wine and playing awesome video games all night :) It was also a great workout and I spent the rest of the weekend with an incredibly sore back!
Saturday Lauren and Lance went off to their friend's wedding and Ryan went off mountain biking so I spent most of the day cleaning up and watching football games. I can't wait to see what this season holds for the reigning national champs!!!
Sunday Lauren and Lance got back in town from the wedding just in time for a cookout on the roof deck and some more game playing! We were all feeling pretty lazy so we just sat around in the lovely sunshine playing games for a few hours. That evening we headed up to Queen Anne to show off our soon to be new neighborhood! We went by the new house so Lauren and Lance could see the before renovation look. I'm still having a hard time realizing that we now own a home! Since we were in the area, we went up to the main strip of Queen Anne for supper and met up with some of Lauren and Lance's friends who were also in town for the wedding. After supper we took L&L on a tour of one of Ryan's houses that is nearing completion. It was actually the first time I had been there in a long time too, and it was soo much fun to see the progress. It is such an awesome house and it's so much fun to hear the clients rave about how much they love it! Ryan did such an awesome job...as usual! Click here to see the house on Pb's website.
Monday, thank goodness I had the day off! I took L&L to the airport at 4:30 in the morning, which sadly is barely earlier than I have to get up most Mondays. Luckily this time I got to crawl back in bed when I got home. I think the immense amount of food we ate all weekend left me with some serious heartburn that I couldn't shake all day Monday. After some good sleep in time I crawled out of bed and finally got motivated to get out and we took a walk down to the waterfront to enjoy laying in the sun and smelling the wonderful sea air and read some books. It was a nice relaxing end to the holiday weekend. Another big even for the day...Pioneer Woman picked yet another one of my photos for her semi final rounds! Maybe one of these days I'll make it to the finals ;) This time the contest was for 'silly' photos. She selected this one of Ben. He's a pretty silly puppy, and actually loves sitting in this big leather chair like this all the time! You can see the original post here.
1 comment:
Great to you to spend time with L & L and get an extra day off! And I love that picture of Ben...oxo
Aunt Leslie
Post a Comment