This weekend was a little bit of a crafty weekend for me, which I definitely needed after a serious lack of creativity going on at work I've been aching for an outlet. I started out with a little fall decoration craft that I've been wanting to do for a while. I saw a link to this tutorial on Design Sponge (another blog I frequent) a while ago and have been wanting to try it since, so I got started with it this weekend.
By the end of the day I had 2 completed pumpkins and I'm hoping to make a few more of smaller sizes to bunch them all together in a cute little fall centerpiece on our soon to be new table. For now they make for cute little window decorations in the apartment. I have a few more fabrics to play with for the other pumpkins which hopefully will all go together really well. This was such a simple cute little DIY craft for fall!
As if those free windows/doors weren't awesome enough, we also were able to scavenge a few windows from one of Ryan's job sites. The windows are brand new, but the client decided he wanted different ones after he saw them, so they were just laying around and we swiped them up. We're going to put them both in the corner of the bedroom like Ryan's kindly showing in the picture below. There will be one more on the adjacent wall as well. So we'll have a well lit bedroom full of lots of free windows!
Our kitchen is really starting to take shape now too. The picture below is the kitchen wall that will be a line of appliances and cabinets. Across from that will be an island of the same length with the sink and a few more cabinets, shelves, and wine rack.
On the way back from Ikea, we also stopped by a few stores to get supplies and gifts for a Bridal/Baby shower I went to on Sunday. It was for two of the navy wives. Jaime just got married to Eric (one of the guys I work with, and Meg (the wife of another coworker) just had their first baby, Joey. I actually really like hanging out with all the wives, it's nice to be around a bunch of other girls associated with the navy. Anyway, I decided to get a little crafty on their gifts as well, which was so much fun! I've always wanted to try making a diaper cake, so I finally did one for Meg. This was also my first time buying diapers...which was weird. I did a little sea creatures theme staring "Captain Calamari" on the top! I think it turned out super cute, and it was a big hit at the shower. So much fun!
For Jaime, I got them a little cocktail shaker that was on their registry. To go along with it, I got them a bunch of little minis which are actually kind of an inside joke with us since we both stash our liquids bags with minis on red eye flights to get a little extra relaxation and sleep! I ended up wrapping them up into a little bouquet on top of the shaker tied with a little bow. I think it turned out really cute too, and definitely a fun change from just sticking it in a gift bag...it amused me at least!
The shower was a lot of fun on Sunday hanging out with all the ladies! We did a few little shower games and had a fabulous brunch with super fancy little drinks, and lots of gifts for the guests of honor.



No comments:
Post a Comment