I almost felt like we lived at a real home this weekend! We're getting
close to unpacked, although we still need to get/build a little more
storage in the laundry room for random things that have no home at the
moment. Our shower officially works now! It still needs a little work
and now we need to find a new shower curtain (extra long) to fit in
the shower. By the end of the weekend, we were actually able to site
on our couch! There's still a few large boxes waiting to be
unpacked/installed including the cooktop range and the hood for that.
We also still have random power tools strewn about that we need to
give back to people. Our countertop should be in this week so the
kitchen will look a little more finished. I put up new curtains and
some more Christmas decorations too, so it actually feels a little
homey now!
Besides working on the house, we actually got out to be a little bit
social this weekend. There were actually a couple of architecture
parties downtown Friday night that I really wanted to make it to, but
we were both just so exhausted that that didn't happen. Saturday
morning I attempted to get a little back into running. That hase
definitely been on the back burner since the whole house renovation
thing has consumed any amount of free time I had. There's a little
running group at one of the parks in Seattle that puts on races every
few weeks, so I hopped into the 5k run. Hopefully if i keep going to
those I'll be motivated to keep running! There's also a HUGE dog park
at that park, so Ryan took Ben to that while I ran.
We spent most of the rest of the day Saturday unpacking and organizing
and doing laundry, but we got some pretty awesome visitors too! Leigha
and Nino brought their little baby Max over for us to meet him! He is
too cute, I can't wait to see much more of that little face. And his
parents are pretty awesome too ;)
Saturday night we headed over to some other friends house who have
just recently bought their house as well and were having a house
warming party. Their process was a little easier since it was move in
ready! It must have been so nice to buy the place and move right in,
but I think it's definitely been worth it for us since we've been able
to make everything the way that we like it. Some day we'll get to have
a housewarming party too...hopefully soon!
Sunday morning we met up with more friends for brunch in Queen Anne
and walked them back over to our house afterwards to show them around.
I love being able to walk all around the little neighborhood, it's so
cute!
Just a few more days of working away at our little house then it's off
to the south for Christmas! It should be a really nice relaxing
vacation which is exactly what we need right about now!
No comments:
Post a Comment