 |
| driving up the coast |
Yet another exciting weekend! This time it was in San Francisco with all of my siblings! Last week and all of this week I've been in Port Hueneme, CA for training for the Navy. Nothing exciting, just classroom work about government contracts. It is super exciting though that I get to wear super cute business casual outfits. I could definitely get used to wearing stilettos to work everyday! Since I was going to be in California for the weekend between my 2 weeks of training, I decided to scoot on up to San Francisco to visit the fam. It just so happens that Lauren had mentioned before that she had signed up for the Color Run that weekend, so as soon as I saw when my training was going to be, I signed up too, and so did Kimberly! Saturday morning we all drove into SF to Candlestick park for the run. There was actually a run at 8am and then the one at 1pm which we were signed up for. The night before Kimberly and I got a little nervous that it was going to be a bit chilly for the run so we went out and picked up some long sleeve white tops. Turns out those were very much so not needed! In fact it was so warm and sunny out that all of us got a little extra tan color on our skin. The idea of the run is that it is a 5k in which every kilometer you get sprayed with a different color. You're supposed to wear as much white as you can so it shows the color even more. There were A LOT of people there, so actual running was a bit of a challenge, but we managed to zig zag through the crowd to get as much running in as possible.
 |
| Pre Color Run |
 |
| Lauren's Team from Amyris...yes their team name is 'For Science!!!!' |
 |
| Getting bombed with yellow! |
 |
| Lauren and Kimberly running through the blue! |
 |
| Lauren's face took a color beating! |
 |
| Finished! Lauren wins for most color! |
 |
| Twins/Big Sisters! |
 |
| Kimberly and Me in the Yellow! |
 |
| Colored! |
 |
| Kimberly is pretty excited! |
 |
| Sisters! |
 |
| Lance and Lauren at the big dance after party! |
 |
| Lance, Lauren and Kimberly having their own dance party! |
 |
| Done Coloring! |
After the run we headed back to Lauren's apartment in Emeryville to attempt to clean off of the color. It worked for the most part, but I think all of us were left with a few lasting memories of the run for the next few days! I definitely still have a splash of pink on my ankle that just won't wash off! Saturday night we headed back into the city to the Mission District to the Southern Pacific Brewing Co. It's actually an awesome place for large groups (which we had). It ended up being Lauren, Lance, Kimberly, Jason (for a few minutes before he had to head to a show), Jordan, Kristen and several of Lauren's friends. So much fun to spend a night with all of my siblings! The place had great super cheap beer too! I was shocked to only be charged $4 for a pint of beer in the city! We stayed there all night before picking up Jason, dropping off Lauren and Lance and heading back to Walnut Creek.
 |
| Family! |

Sunday morning we headed back downtown for a little Dim Sum brunch! Unfortunately Jordan got called into work so he couldn't make it out to that outing. Sunday also happened to be Dad's 61st birthday! After brunch we headed back to Lauren's apartment to have a little happy birthday skype date with mom and dad. I hate that we're all so far away for days like that, but love technology that lets us act like we're all in the same place. Happy Birthday Padre!
Sunday afternoon I headed back down the 101 for another fun filled week of training. I'm so glad I got to make it up to SF to visit my siblings. I always love seeing what they're up to. I am so proud of all of them and their spouses for all the great things they're doing and the awesome lives they're making for themselves and I love being a part of it! Yay J K L P!
1 comment:
Yes, we love our family . . . even if they are crazy!
Post a Comment