After so much traveling around and excitement, we've tried to relax a little and get a little housework done. This weekend's big project was a paint job. Eventually the big house plans is to completely redo the whole entryway combined with an addition onto the house. That probably won't be for another year or so, so in the meantime, we had to pretty up what we've got. The plain wood door had been driving me crazy especially with the lovely dog claw marks on the inside. While we were doing that, we figured we'd continue the color down onto the stairs as well. Really the whole staircase needs to be replaced as it's on it's last legs, but hopefully it'll hold out till we can do out big addition. I love the new color now, it definitely gives the house a fresh new look!
| The Old Doorway |
| Boring rundown stairs |
| Cleaning off the stairs (you can see how run down the old paint was) |
| New color!!! |
| Pretty front door! |
| Ben decided to test out the color before it dried...then proceeded to run around the house...awesome |
| Tara nicely stayed out of the way |
Another entryway projects was new doormats. I went with these plain rubber mats and spray painted it bright pink to add a little more of a color punch at the front door. These should be pretty easy to clean too. Unfortunately they took a lot more paint than I was expecting, so I used a whole can of spray paint on the one and didn't get to do the second one for the back door. Even with a whole can of spray paint, it wasn't completely covered. I'll have to go back and touch that up later. I think it's pretty though!
No comments:
Post a Comment