Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bachelorettes and Bare Feet

Ryan got to have all the excitement Friday night, but I had lots of excitements Saturday night and Sunday morning! Saturday night I headed over to Bellevue for a little bachelorette party for my old roomie in Whidbey Island, Sarah! She's getting married next weekend, I can't wait, it's going to be so much fun! There were 10 of us ladies all dressed in our little black dresses while Sarah got to practice wearing white for the night. We started out at Black Bottle, a little tapas restaurant, with some great food and drinks to get the night started. 
After dinner we walked around the corner to a big comedy club/billiard hall/dance club. We all had tickets to the comedy show that night and when we got there there was a huge line to get in so we got a little nervous that we wouldn't get to sit together even though we had called in advance to make reservations. One of the bouncers was nice enough to get the manager who escorted us past the line into the club to a table all together. About 10 minutes later she came back to our table and said another group didn't show up so we could move to their table a little closer to the stage, so we did...oh the perks of a bachelorette party ;)
After the show we headed into the into the bar/club area and spent the night doing a little bachelorette scavenger hunt (getting random strangers to do things) and dancing the night away! It was so much fun to go out with all the girls and I can't wait to get Sarah all married up next weekend!

After getting home a little after 2 in the morning, I got about 3 hours of sleep before I had to get up again, this time to run a 10k! A few weeks ago I got my first pair of five finger shoes because I wanted to use them to run this race. Most of the people were just running in normal running shoes, but this race had a specific division just for 'barefoot' runners which included five finger shoes. The prize for winning that division was a bottle of barefoot wine. Apparently that's good motivation for me because I ran by far my fastest 10k yet and won that bottle of wine! I was the fastest female in the barefoot division. 

If you remember a few months ago I wrote a post about how excited I was to run my fastest 5k in 23:23 with a pace of 7:31/mile. Well this time in a 10k with many more hills and I ran in a time of 45:16 with an average pace of 7:18/mile. That means I had 2 back to back 5ks that were way faster than my last 5k best time! I ended up as the 11th fastest female in the race and I won my bottle of wine, so I was a happy girl. And that was after only 3 hours of sleep!

Finally, this one's for Sarah and Leigha ;) We did a little girls night this past week at Betty in downtown Queen Anne. I love living so close together that we can meet up on a random weeknight and hang out! Love these girls!

3 comments:

Dave said...

Way to go, Pamela! I get tired just reading about your life.
-Dad

lindsay said...

Congrats on winning the race! How do you like the five fingers shoes? I suppose you probably like them since you ran so fast!

Pamela said...

Lindsay! I have mixed feelings about the five fingers. I tried on a bunch and the ones i got were the only ones that were comfortable. It took me a few weeks running in them to work up to 6miles, but then they felt fine. Since I don't wear socks with them I got a bunch of blisters. I definitely like minimalist shoes, but I think I like my non-five finger ones better...at least for longer runs. But I like the five fingers when they win me bottles of wine!