Thursday, December 6, 2012

GOTR

Last weekend I decided to use my enjoyment of running races to help out others! There's a great nationwide program called Girls on the Run (GOTR) that encourages elementary school girls to learn about fitness, nutrition, and running. It's an after school program that lasts about 10 weeks and culminates with the girls running a 5k. I ran my first 5k when I was 24, so I'm super impressed by these girls for trying it now! Anyway, my volunteer role came in during the practice 5k and final 5k where I got to be a running buddy for one of the girls and run with them and encourage them along the way/keep them entertained and motivated to keep going. Here's me and my little running buddy, Ella before the final 5k!

1 comment:

Dave said...

That's a great program to volunteer for. How did Ella do?