Friday, July 19, 2013

Whistler Weekends

I've been slacking a little on the weekly blog posts, but for good reason, I swear! For one, I started a new job several weeks ago at a small architecture firm. Between that and trying to hit up as many crossfit classes and runs as I can get in, my weekdays have become pretty packed! The past two weekends have been pretty packed too with trips up to Whistler, BC and back.

Ryan really wanted to go meet up with some friends to go mountain biking the Fourth of July weekend, so that's what got it all started. We even took Ben up with us for his first international trip! I did a little biking the first trip, but mostly I just relaxed and hiked. I took the ski lifts up to the top of the mountains and got some great views all around!
There was a group of several other couples that we were hanging out with who all mountain biked and the kept talking about this great camp that I could take to get into biking and how the one they offered at Whistler was the best one (they have locations around the US and Canada). Finally right before we headed home we looked up the camp and found out that the Whistler one was the next weekend! Yikes, I was not planning on going to Whistler two weekends in a row!! As soon as we got home I decided to sign up for the camp and go for it. Unfortunately it was full, so I signed up for the wait list and figured it probably wasn't going to happen. A couple days later, I was in and we frantically made plans to spend another weekend in Whistler!
The camp was two days of 9-5 biking with a great group of ladies. The camp was huge, but we broke down into groups of about 5 or 6 to practice skills all morning then go for a ride on the mountains for the afternoon. I definitely did a lot more than I ever thought I could! Although it was an exhausting weekend, I learned a lot and hopefully will be able to keep practicing the test of the summer. It's and awesome sport to be outside and see the mountains while biking!

1 comment:

Emily @ EAKaHouse said...

Fun! Glad work is going well.