Saturday, July 6, 2013

Busy Weekend Fun!

I probably have a lot more that I should be catching up on on this blog, but for now, I'll just go with all the fun we had this weekend! It started out with a little birthday party for our favorite little two year old, Maddox!
Saturday morning we got up bright and early to head out to Mercer Island to help out at a Crossfit competition. Two of our friends own the Mercer Island Crossfit gym and they were hosting a 5k competition which involved running a 5k and doing a series of crossfit movements after every 800m. We didn't compete at all, but got to watch and help run the competition. Several people from our gym were competing though so we got to cheer them on!
Saturday afternoon/evening I got an awesome surprise, my high school BFF, Jeannie was in town for a conference, so we got to hang out for a few hours! I hadn't actually seen her since our wedding, so we had lots of catching up to do. Since it was such a nice day out, we spent the afternoon bar hopping and eating ice cream, perfect Seattle day ;)
Sunday, Ryan decided to go out mountain biking with some buddies, so I grabbed ben and went out to the mountains with them and found a hike to do to. It was super hot out, so it started out a little rough and I got a little nervous we weren't going to find any water for Ben on the trail. Finally we made it up where the snow was and found some snow melt rivers and Ben got to play around and lay in the water to cool off.


1 comment:

Emily @ EAKaHouse said...

You have way too much fun for someone with a new job!