Last week i had an awesome impromptu vacation to visit my big sister in California! At the last minute, she had decided to take a week off of work and do some relaxing, so I got a text from her Monday late morning about coming down to keep her company in the sun for a few days. A few hours later I was on a plane to SF!
| My Plane Ride |
I got in late Monday night, so we started our girls night out right with some wine, cheese, cookies (thanks to her mother-in-law who mailed a giant tin of delicious just in time for my visit!), and girl talk! Tuesday morning we slept in a little and spent some time in the gym before heading up to Napa for a day of wine tasting!
| Cakebread Cellars |
| Napa Cellars |
| Goosecross Cellars |
| Trefethen Vineyards |
We hit up 4 different wineries. We started at Cakebread Cellars where we were taken on a little tour of the grounds while sipping wine. Next up was Napa Cellars where Kimberly and Jason are wine club members, which meant free wine tasting for us ;) They also had a shipment of wine to pick up while we were there. Next was Goosecross Cellars. We went there to check it out because our little brother is a wine club member there. We mentioned that while they were giving us a tasting, and at the end they surprised us by saying we could have the tasting for free since he was a member there...yay more free wine! We finished off at Kimberly's other wine club winery, Trefethen Vineyards. After all our tastings, we hit up the outlet mall on the way home. At home we picked up some sushi and chick flicks for another super girly night!
Wednesday after a morning run, we did some more relaxing...this time by the pool! Ahhh, it felt so good to lay out in the sunshine.
Wednesday night we went into Oakland to hang out with the rest of the family! We picked up Lauren from work and hit up a tiki bar for happy hour! Jordan met us there too as soon as he got back from work.
For dinner we tried out a super cute little mac and cheese place. It's probably a good thing that this place is no where near me because I loooove mac and cheese a little too much. This place was amazing with so many different options and add ins. I think I'm getting hungry just thinking about it now...mmmmm.
After dinner we headed near where Lauren and Lance live and went out for some post dinner drinks, and Kimberly happened to have some cupcakes that needed consuming...yummmm.
Thursday afternoon I had to head back up to Seattle. I always have so much fun hanging out with the siblings in the bay area...hopefully it can happen again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment