Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving!

So a lot of other things have happened that I have not blogged about, but I feel like it's too late to really catch up on it all. Our Fundraiser happened. I think it raised a lot of Fun, but maybe not quite as many Funds as we would have liked. At least it was an awesome party!
 

A few days after that we hopped in the car and headed south for a thanksgiving in the bay area! We did this 2 years ago too, so we knew what we were getting ourselves into. Since it's a long drive and I-5 can get a little old, we decided to take a different route on the way down this time and jumped over to the 101 once we were in California to drive through all the redwood forests. It definitely extended our driving time, but it was awesome to see all the giant trees!!
 

About 16 hours later...we arrived in Walnut Creek at Kimberly and Jason's house! Needless to say were were pretty exhausted, so after a little sushi dinner we called it a night. We needed to get a few hours of sleep before our big Thanksgiving day which started off with a Turkey Trot! This is the 3rd bi-annual Turkey Trot we've all done together...woohoo! The Walnut Creek Trot offers a 5k or 10k option, so we could choose how motivated we were feeling...or how much pie/wine we wanted to consume the rest of the day ;) I went with the 10k...I like food...and wine.
 
One thing I noticed about the results on this run was that they showed you your ranking as you crossed the start line as well as the finish line. So I finished 170th overall, but I was the 347th person to cross the start line at the beginning. That means I had to pass 177 people. (this wasn't too bad since I started pretty far forward...Jason had to pass 678 people!) My point in bringing this up is that the worst thing about races is that people are stupid and don't understand that faster people start in the front and slower people in the back. They even have pace markers at the start line that show you about where you should line up bases on your probable pace. I figured I'd run about a 7:30 mile pace so I lined up exactly in between the 7 min and 8 min pace markers...as one should. I understand some people aren't really sure what their pace would be, but considering everyone in front of me should have been faster than me...I should not have been passing 177 people, many of which were people walking with strollers and kids holding their parents' hands!! This should not be so difficult people!! That's my Thanksgiving rant! Otherwise it was an awesome run and made me feel much better about my food consumption for the rest of the day/weekend!
 
The rest of the day we spent watching the Lions win...cooking and consuming large amounts of food, and playing games all night...woohoo!!!
 


After a slow Friday morning we hit up the gym before heading over to Lauren's neck of the woods in Emeryville/Oakland.
 
Saturday we watched lots of football! It was potentially the most stressful day of football ever...and so was last weekend! A huge War Eagle to our Auburn Tigers who are now going to the National Championship!! After the games we hopped in the car and drove through the night to get home around 6am and do some serious napping! Can't wait for our next trip in less than 2 weeks!!


 

No comments: