I just got back from a quick little getaway to sunny California! I had Tuesday, Veteran's Day, off of work, so I decided to take Monday off and have a 4 day weekend in California! I flew out Friday night to SF where I was immediately wisked off to SoCal by Kimberly and Lauren. We actually only made it about half way Friday night and spent the night in Pismo Beach before finishing the drive Saturday morning to LA. After picking up Yelan from her house in LA, we headed straight to the beach! After a long drive we were pretty hungry so we found a little place on the Venice Beach walkway and grabbed some food and drink to keep us going. It was amazing already just to sit in the sun!!
Since the sun sets so early these days, we soaked up a few more rays while walking the beach down to Santa Monica before heading back to the house we rented to get ready for a night out! We got all dressed up and headed out to dinner at a little Japanese place Lauren had been to before back when she lived in LA.
After bar hopping to a few places in Santa Monica, we ended up with a serious girls night of cuddling on the bed while watching Pitch Perfect...amazing!
Sunday morning we grabbed a quick brunch before heading to the beach to prepare for our surf lesson! It was so much fun! It was just the 4 of us girls and one other girl so we all got plenty of attention from the instructor. We all got up on the board at least a few times, so it felt like a pretty productive lesson!
The lesson was also completely exhausting, so we took a few hours to get cleaned up and relax at the house before getting ready for our next excursion. We decided to walk down to the nearby Abbot Kinney neighborhood for the night.
Monday morning we checked out of our house had a few more stops in LA, then hit the road back to SF just in time to check out the little brother's new house! They just bought their first house!!!! It's a super cute place in the Dogpatch area of SF. I'm super excited for them and I was so glad we could make a stop over there to check it out for a bit (also to see Jordan and Kristen)!!!
Tuesday was my last day in town, so we spent it wine tasting/shopping in Napa. Perfect end to a little California getaway before heading back to 30 degree weather in Seattle. On the bright side...cold weather means snow...and snow means snowboarding soon..woohoo!






















No comments:
Post a Comment