This weekend was nice and relaxing. Saturday actually got to the point where I was wearing short sleeves for a while! It was nice and sunny most of the day, so we enjoyed some good times walking around outside and checking out some of the local thrift shops and a little art store over in Capital Hill. Since I am a huge sucker for deals and coupons and such, I signed up to get e-mails about deals for the Space Needle, which is normally a greatly expensive tourist attraction. I got an e-mail recently about an online deal for 75% off of the annual pass for the Space Needle. That means that I can go up with one guest as many times as I want for the year. Since we'll be starting to get some visitors soon and the Space Needle is a big thing to see in Seattle, I got 2 annual passes, so 4 people can go up each time with them. They really pay for themselves the first time you use them since it's normally $16 per person to go up. Anyway, that was the long way of saying that we finally went up the Space Needle this weekend! By the time we got to the top the sun was just starting to set so we walked around to see the views during the day then went inside for our free beer and wine (compliments of being a first time annual pass user) then went out again to see the night views of the city.
And, of course, I tried out some more recipes this weekend, although not as much as usual because we still had lots left over. I tried to cut all the recipes in half this time and there still ended up being a lot of food. I just need more people to feed! I love my little heart shaped muffin molds, so I used them again to make some corn bread muffins. Sooooo good. I also made some apple scones and Ryan made some really tasty chicken fingers. 
No comments:
Post a Comment