Saturday was another really rough day at the beach joined by even more friends and 'professional beach goers'. We had gone grocery shopping Friday afternoon and somehow devoured every last bit of food we, and others, had brought. I'm not quite sure how that was accomplished, but it was impressive. Due to our depleted food source, we went out Saturday night and had dinner on the back deck of a place right on the water. Mmmmm...seafood. You would think I have had enough of that in Seattle, but alas, it never gets old. Dinner was followed by the Flora-bama bar. Apparently I can't handle the craziness too well anymore, so I unintentionally fell asleep as soon as we returned home, which was probably a good thing since we got up relatively early to head back to ATL. We wanted to make it back to Atlanta in time to see Liz try on wedding dresses...it was so much fun, and obviously she looked soooooo beautiful! Unfortunately we couldn't take pictures, otherwise I obviously would have.
Monday, May 11, 2009
My Lady Loves
Friday night Brucie, Mari Michael's mom, hosted a lovely little cocktail party on the deck and several other people joined us. Did I mention that the weather was PERFECT and the moon was FULL! So beautiful! Towards the end of the evening we even took a nice 'long walk on the beach' and it was amazing to see the moon reflecting off of the gulf.
After 5 hours of sitting on a plane with the start of a cold and a really scratchy throat, I made it back to Seattle at a little after midnight. I got to watch 'Bride Wars' on the plane...good, but I'm glad I don't have to waste a Netflix on it now. It was a great and much needed trip and now it's back to reality...lame. At least I can look forward to a long weekend in 2 weeks and DC in 5 weeks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment