Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's nice and sunny out, and I'm studying...

Ahhhh...the long weekend was fabulous. Probably not as productive as it should have been, but enjoyable none the less. I was actually supposed to have Friday and Monday off, but since several of the other people in my office were taking Friday off, I was asked to hold the fort down. After being there for a few hours, I had several people asking me why I was in since all the military people were supposed to have the day off, so I finally gave in and left. I'm sur
e life will go on without my supervision.

We watched the new Star Trek movie this weekend. It was definitely much more humorous than I expected...for true Star Trek fans, it was probably over the top cheesy humor, but I was completely amused. I was also quite impressed by the little uniforms that the female officers got to wear in the Starfleet. Why can't the US Navy have that good of a sense of fashion!! Not fair! I would love to wear a little red dress to work everyday! I actually just got the skirts to go with my uniforms a couple of weeks ago, and got the cute
little black pumps to go with that this weekend. So now I actually get to dress like a female when I go to work! It's so much more flattering, and I think it's boosting my moral and confidence in my workplace, and I think I look much more professional now. It's not nearly as cute as the Starfleeters, but it's an improvement. Whoever designed the pants for the female officers should be shot! Not cool.

Sunday we got a little reminder taste of the ol' south. We went to a birthday pig roast for a couple of guys. One of the guys is in the firm that Ryan is going to start working with next Monday, PBelemental. It was such a nice day out, and even hot enough that we were inspired to stand in the shade for most of the afternoon. The guy whose house it was at had built a pig roaster into his deck specifically for this annual birthday bash. There were also an assortment of other southern foods like okra, greens, hush puppies, and banana pudding. It was amusing to me that a lot of the people had never had a lot of those kinds of foods, but thinking back, neither had I before I spent 5 years in the south!

We spent a good amount of our free time studying for the LEED test that we're planning on taking next month. There is sooooo much to study and memorize it's really overwhelming! It was also hard to buckle down this weekend when it was so nice out and it was supposed to be a nice relaxing holiday weekend. It should not have been spent studying! Hopefully it'll all be worth it in a few more weeks.
I also dug my yummy muffin cookbook out this weekend to try out a new recipe. This time it was spiced carrot muffins. They're essentially little carrot cakes, and they were quite delicious. I also tried out some lemon blueberry scones that turned out quite delicious :)

No comments: