Monday, May 4, 2009

Pooped Pammy

I think I may have had a little too much excitement lately! This past week I was in a training class at one of the other Navy bases on Washington. Instead of staying on base, I chose to stay in Seattle and commute there everyday. It's really not a bad commute since half of it is just sitting on the ferry and then there's a 30 minute drive afterwards. It was nice being able to come back to Seattle every night (much more exciting than Oak Harbor) but waking up at 5:15 to catch the 6:10 ferry was a little rough. By the end of the week, I was already pretty exhausted.
Friday afternoon we went to an open house for an architecture firm that Ryan is trying to work for. They actually had asked him to build a model for the open house but since he is already employed by another firm, he's not allowed to work for anyone else yet. The project hasn't begun construction yet, but it was interesting to see the old building before it was renovated to see how much work was going to go into it.



Friday night we went to a Davis Sedaris reading. It was FABULOUS! He read about 5 or 6 short stories that he had written, and they were all completely hilarious. I think his voice and reading abilities just add an extra effect to the words. He's had about 3 or 4 nights of readings in Seattle, and all of them were completely sold out. I'm really glad we were able to make it to this one. Definitely worth it!


Saturday I got my hair cut, and I love it! I just put highlights in this week too, so I am more than ready for my Girls Weekend at the Beach next weekend! Unfortunately the rest of the day was rainy and gross, so I didn't get to show it off much outside.


Sunday I ran another half marathon. Actually, I don't even know if I can qualify it as a run this time! It was almost and hour away and it was a pretty early race, so once again I had to get up super early. We had hung out with some friends the night before so I didn't get to sleep as early as I probably should have. So I was pretty much just fighting to stay awake while I ran. Luckily it was a beautiful day outside for a run, unfortunately all I could think of was that it was a beautiful day to take a nap in the grass too, and was very tempted to just do that instead of run. Somehow I finished though and took a little nap in the car before I even attempted to drive home. After a couple more naps, we ended up walking around the water front. Ryan just got a new Digital SLR camera, so we had fun taking pictures the rest of the afternoon, and I was enjoying being in a tank top and flip flops! I am definitely ready for some serious sleep this week though so I can prepare to party all next weekend in Gulf Shores starting on Thursday!!! WOOOOHOOO!

No comments: