Monday, August 17, 2009

Yummerz

I can't say I've ever been too crazy over key lime (since there's no chocolate involved) but I made some key lime tarts a while back because Ryan said he liked key lime, so when I found a recipe for key lime cupcakes, I thought I'd try my hand at it again. Soooooooo good, and waaaaaaay super cute! I think I may have gone on a little bit of a sugar high 'tasting' the frosting while I was making them, but I was pleasantly please at how much I enjoyed them. I brought the leftovers (since I didn't think it wise for Ryan and I to eat all of the cupcakes) into work to get devoured! Everyone thought they were super cute!

I also tried my hand at a little bread baking again this weekend. This time it was challah bread. I didn't think it was going to turn out at first since it wasn't rising nearly as much as the recipe said it was supposed to, but it ended up being really good. It might have been a little more dense than it was intended to be, but we enjoyed in none the less. This weekend was hempfest in Seattle, which made it a little difficult to get around without being swarmed by large crowds of hippies. We still tried to get out a little and walk around the city...here's one of the Seattle sites to see. It's is actually incredibly gross, but it's a whole wall in an alley covered with gum. It looks kind of pretty from a ways away with all the colors splashed over it, and some people even tried to make patterns in it, but once you get a little closer and realize how much saliva was involved in its creation, it's a little more of a turn off. It is still a site to see!

No comments: