Friday, April 16, 2010

Seahawks and Easters

Easter weekend I was lucky enough to have to work on Saturday, so Ryan came up to Oak Harbor for the weekend. We watched the entire 5th season of LOST while I was 'on watch'. Easter morning we both went on a little Easter basket hunt. Somehow we were both able to hide the other person's basket without finding our own...and the house really isn't that big! Afterwards we colored some pretty eggs.

I got to spend most of the next week in Seattle while I went to a training in Silverdale. Since I got to cook for two people, I decided to try out a crock pot roast chicken. I will definitely be trying that again! It was soooo good and moist and just fell right off the bone. I was a little grossed out by the whole chicken and having to pull out the insides, but then I just stuffed it full of lemons and spices and it turned out perfectly and fed us for the whole week :)

This past weekend we did a little shopping to prepare for the wedding season. I'm super excited about the new dresses I got and can't wait to wear them! First wedding is coming up in a week. We'll be flying down to Atlanta and driving over to Birmingham, AL next weekend to see some fellow Auburn Alum, and visit with Ryan's family while we're there.

Sunday morning I participated in the Seahawks 12k run. It turned out to be a really fun run mostly along Lake Washington. Another plus being that the race shirt that I recieved is my first official Seahawks gear! So now if/when I make it to a game, I'll have something that says Seahawks on it to wear! Or it's just another good shirt to run in :)

No comments: