Monday, April 19, 2010

WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!

Sooooo...the title pretty much sums it up! I'm super excited and still a little in shock at the moment, it'll be a while before it all sinks in. Perhaps when plans start being made. For now I get to enjoy the new bling on my ring finger and the company of my new fiance! That's super weird to say!
[about 10 minutes before the proposal. little did i know!]
We had plans last weekend to head up to Mt. Baker and stay in a cabin built by a company that is building one of Ryan's house designs in Seattle. I knew we were planning on doing some hiking, but I was in for a much bigger surprise! We drove up there on Saturday and ended up on the Excelsior pass trail. It was sprinkling a little, but not bad enough to stop us. We got about halfway up and ran into some other people coming down who told us that the trail was covered in snow further on. We figured we could at least make it that far. So we did, and sure enough the trail got to a point where we were walking through snow and kept falling through up to about our waists. We had packed a lunch and decided that was a good place to take a break for sandwiches and then turn around. I got all packed up and ready to head back and Ryan apparently wasn't quite ready. He told me to give him my gloves to which I displayed great confusion but complied. I was really confused when he started playing around and trying them on but just thought he was being weird. I kept asking him what he was doing until he finally said 'I really just wanted to give you this' and pulled out a little black box. He opened it and said 'will you marry me?!?' Still in shock and greatly confused, I asked him if he was serious (which he will not let me live down) and then said YES!! It seemed so out of the blue and caught me completely off guard, but totally awesome!
[my camera was kind enough to die right before our lunch break, so we turned to the iPhone for the first picture post engagement!]
After we hugged repeatedly and reveled in the moment for a while, we headed back down the trail towards the car. At the car we got out the big camera for a few more shots.
We went back to the cabin that night and enjoyed a nice relaxing evening in a really nice cabin. Sunday we made the essential phone calls to the parents and spent a few more hours hiking around the area right outside of the cabin. So much excitement for one weekend!
Ryan did such a good job at picking out my ring...I LOVE IT! Obviously after two days of being engaged, not many details have been figured out, but I'll start working on it soon! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with this man!

1 comment:

Yelan said...

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!