We had a little birthday fever this weekend! Although I wasn't able to directly celebrate Jordan's 23rd birthday, I sent him a birthday t-shirt that I had screen printed and apparently it made an appearance at Harvard on Sunday! Mom and Dad got to visit him in Boston for the weekend, and it looks like they had a pretty great time. Wish I could have been there too. I think I've done my fair share of traveling though. In fact, I'll be heading to San Diego in about 2 weeks now. Also celebrating a birthday on Sunday was my friend Leigha from middle school! I love the fact that after years of being apart we are able to reconnect on the other side of the country! I just found out that another great friend of mine from middle school is about to move to Seattle as well and is in town apartment hunting now. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up this weekend too!
Saturday morning I got up bright and early to run the Rock 'n Roll half marathon in Seattle. Last year I took a shuttle from downtown Seattle to the start line and there were so many people waiting for the shuttle that I had to wait for about an hour to get onto it. I thought I'd get on it a little earlier this year to make sure I got there on time so I headed down to it around 4:30 in the morning. Turns out that was a little too early. There were no lines for it at all at that time so I hopped right on a bus and got to the start line by 5am...the race didn't start until 7am, so I had 2 hours to kill! I guess next year I'll sleep in that extra hour. Either way, it was a good run. I wish I had had a little more time to train for it in the past few months. All this traveling is having its toll on me, but it's been so much fun! As a result, I was in a lot of pain after completing this run, so Ryan helped me hobble back to the apartment (which was a good cool down walk). I had time to wash up a little before settling down for the US vs Ghana World Cup game. Boooooo to losing that one! I'm not doing so hot in our little family bracket predictions! So far on Saturday I'm down 2 in my predictions!
Saturday night we headed out to the Golden Gardens beach/park for Leigha's birthday celebration. This was the first time we'd been out to this park, and it was packed for a good reason, it's so pretty! The beaches were packes with people sun bathing, playing volleyball, and cooking out. Nino, Leigha's fiancee, had a little bbq set up in the middle of a clump of trees right on the beach. We enjoyed some great burgers/hotdogs, beach games, and a beautiful sunset on the beach in a celebration of Leigha's birthday!
After an exciting weekend, we spent Sunday sleeping in, watching some soccer, playing frisbee golf, and I finally got to watch the new Alice in Wonderland movie. I thought it was awesome, but I'm a little partial towards Tim Burton films. I love the costumes and imagery in them!

No comments:
Post a Comment