This past week, I finally went back to Michigan for the first time in over a year and a half! I was only there for less than 24 hours, but at least I was there. The purpose of the trip was to help Kristen (my little brother's fiance) drive out to San Francisco where she will be living for the summer. Since I was already making the trip, I decided to come a day early to check out some possible wedding venues. I went to 4 different places. Before I came, I was already interested in the Royal Oak Music Theater. I think this visit solidified that! Unfortunately it's a little more pricey than I was hoping, but I was able to get a little discount, and I think the awesomeness of the place makes it worth it! We would have the ceremony in the lobby of the theater, then the reception and party in the theater. It's so pretty!!
After we visited the places, we were able to meet up with Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Dan for dinner. It was so good to see them all in my quick little trip!
The next morning, Kristen and I took off for our road trip! We planned on taking 3 days to get there. The first day we took it easy and visited a friend of hers for lunch in Naperville, then ended up in Iowa for the night to visit my BFF from high school, Jeannie! It was so awesome to see her, meet her boyfriend and see the new house she just bought. We're all growing up! They cooked us dinner and let us crash in their guest bedroom.
Since we had a short day on Thursday, we made up for it on Friday. We left before 6am to get on the road and made it the rest of the way through Iowa, through Nebraska, and almost all the way through Wyoming before stopping for the night. It was raining most of the day too, not so fun to drive in. Back home in Seattle, Ryan has been working on moving apartments, and we just submitted applications for a new place before I took off. Apparently to move in, they needed my signature on a few pages of the lease, so I felt all business-like using the business center in the hotel to print out the lease and fax the signed copy to them. Luckily I was able to do that so we could get the ball rolling on the move!
Day 3 we only had about 12 more hours to cover to get to Walnut Creek to stay with Kimberly and Jason. It was a pretty easy day of driving. We crossed through Utah and Nevada, then into California. It was pretty neat to see the Salt Flats in Utah. I could tell there were a lot of people trying to drive on them, but I think they were a little too wet for any serious speed racing. No breaking of the sound barrier today!
Finally in Nevada and California we got some beautiful blue skies! It was amazing to watch the temperature go up steadily as we got further as well.
We made it to Kimberly and Jason's house a little after 6pm Saturday night. Just in time for dinner! Jason grilled us some burgers while we sipped our wine and girl talked ;) After all the driving it was nice to relax for the night with family!
Sunday we actually got to sleep in! After walking to a little local diner for breakfast, we headed to the pool to soak in some sun and read wedding magazines!
[bathing beauties Kristen and Kimberly]
[Keeping the Michigan Pride alive in California...I didn't get the memo]
[Our weapon of choice for the Road Trip!]
Sunday evening I headed home to Seattle. Ryan and his brother, Aaron (who is living in Seattle for the summer) spent the weekend moving into the new apartment, so that's where I got to go home to when I got there! It's definitely a step up from the last place. It has an actual bedroom this time! And it's on the 32nd floor, so we have great views of the city. AND...dogs are alowed there, so I don't have to hide Tara anymore! YAY! I can't wait until I get to move down there too. Just a few more months!


No comments:
Post a Comment