Monday, June 7, 2010

Lots o' Traveling!

I went to DC last week for the Women's Leadership Symposium again. There were nearly 1000 military women there. It was really great to see them all! I also got to see one of my favorite Auburn girls, Evelyn, every night while I was there! I was soooo good to see her, and I get to see her again in a couple of weeks for Liz's wedding! The first night we went out to a kebab restaurant and had a little girl talk over some red wine. The next night we went over to Evelyn's boyfriend's house and he cooked us dinner (thanks Nathan!) It was delicious. The last night we went out to a crazy african restaurant that apparently has a much different scale of spiciness. I'm a big fan of spicy food and usually get it as spicy as it comes. Luckily I ordered my chicken with the second hottest spiciness because my mouth nearly melted with just that! It was still a great meal. Afterwards we went out to another little bar for the evening with a few other friends. 

I had to catch an early flight Friday morning back to Seattle. The whole purpose of me taking such an early flight was because Lauren and Lance were coming into Seattle that morning too, so I was trying to get in the same time they were. It would have worked out great if the second leg of my flight wasn't delayed FIVE HOURS! I was really frustrating. Luckily Ryan was able to meet up with Lauren and Lance to at least let them into the apartment. I had made an appointment for that afternoon to try on wedding dresses and ended up having to push it back a few hours so I could still make it after the delays. So Friday night was the start of my wedding dress hunt! I definitely found some good options, but still have time to look a few more places. Friday night we took Lauren and Lance to one of our favorite tapas bars in Belltown. One of the famous menu items is a plate of broccoli. That sounds a little bizarre, but it is amazing, and we always make out visitors give it a taste.

Saturday morning Lauren and I headed out to another bridal shop to try on more dresses and came up with a few more good choices! At least I don't need to worry that I won't find anything, I just need to narrow it down to one! It's so hard...wedding dresses are all so pretty! I would be hard to go wrong! Saturday night Lauren and Lance went to their friend's wedding and we met up with them afterwards for a few drinks to finish out the night.

We spent the day Sunday visiting a few good local hotspots, sampling food, visiting the market, and just wandering around until Lauren and Lance had to go back to the airport. I'm so glad they got to come out for a quick visit! Now I'm getting ready for my next trip leaving tomorrow night to fly back to Michigan. It's been over a year and a half since I've been home...CRAZINESS! Lots more adventures to come as I road trip from Michigan to San Francisco with my future little sister-in-law :)

No comments: