Thursday, October 21, 2010

Grilled Cheese

There are a lot of amazing cheeses out there, and I'm determined to start experimenting with different ones. There are a lot of different restaurants around here that we've been to that have a great variety of cheese platters, and it's been great trying out the different kinds. Also right in the Pike Place Market there's a Beechers Cheese shop that makes and sells any kind of cheese you could possibly imagine! This week I decided to try a few varieties of grilled cheeses. I started out with a gruyere and apple grilled cheese on french bread. I've had gruyere a lot in crepes, so it was fun to try it out in a much simpler recipe at home! It was delicious and went perfectly with the apples.
 A couple nights later I made brie and raspberry grilled cheeses. A few weeks ago I had made some baked brie with a raspberry filling and it was divine, so I figured why not try it on grilled french bread? It was also divine. Grilled cheeses offer such room for variety it's amazing. A couple out in Newbern, AL used to feed the students of Rural Studio once a month and every once in a while they would have grilled cheese nights with 4 or 5 different cheese combinations to choose from. Obviously I love cheese and it seems you can't go wrong with grilling it!

No comments: