A few weeks ago Kimberly mentioned that Jason would be out of town for s guys weekend so she was looking for somewhere fun to go herself and ended up buying a ticket to Seattle. A few weeks later Lauren decided to join in the fun too! So last weekend we got to have a sisters (plus Ryan) weekend! They both came in Friday night so we picked them up from the airport and headed home for a nice little night of wine drinking and chatting. Saturday morning we got up and made some breakfasts while watching some football. A couple of weeks ago a Navy Civil Engineer Corps Officer from the Seattle area passed away. As a result all of the civil engineer corps officers in the area (that would be me) attended the memorial to show support to his family. So after a nice breakfast I headed off to the memorial service all dressed up in uniform while Kimberly and Lauren headed around the corner for some shopping. I've been pretty congested and had a little cold for the past week or so, but when I got back from the memorial service I was feeling pretty icky. After trying to watch some football with everyone, I ended up having to lay down for about an hour so I could be ready for a night out for dinner. We went to a really great sushi place near our old apartment. When we got home we settled in for the night with some wine and a movie.
Sunday morning we got up with plans to head out to a pumpkin patch/corn maze! After breakfast we drove about a half hour north east of Seattle to Bob's Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch! It was slightly obvious that we may have been a little older than the average crowd, but it was awesome! We started out with some hot cider from the store before jumping on a tractor ride over to the corn maze. It was a huge maze, but luckily it came with an aerial map so we could find ourselves a little easier. It was such a nice day out too which made it even better. After maneuvering through the maze we ended up at the pumpkin patch where we picked out some pumpkins for carving later! After we loaded up our purchases, we headed off to the airport to drop Kimberly off for her flight. Lauren stayed through Monday morning, so we headed back to the apartment to carve our pumpkins. I think it had been a while since any of us had carved some pumpkins. It was a lot of fun and I'll definitely have to do it again next year or maybe even again this year! We also baked the seeds for a delicious snack while carving.
The rest of the night we just relaxed and went to bed a little earlier to get ready for waking up at 5am to get Lauren to the airport. Can't wait till we can do another awesome girls' weekend! Also...Ben is super cute still :)
No comments:
Post a Comment