Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More Foods.

I'm almost officially moved to Seattle! So I've spent the last couple of weeks in training where I got to stay in Seattle and drive to my new base. So when I came home for the night I got to try out a few more grilled cheese recipes (yes I'm sure I'm going to get sick of them soon, but it's fun for now). First I tried an asiago, turkey bacon, and pesto sammy. I used to be obsessed with asiago in Italy since it was so easy and cheap to get everywhere, so it was a nice little blast from the past for me. It also went really well with the bacon and a hint of a pesto kick.
Another night I had made some shredded lemon chicken in the crock pot, so I put some of that on a grilled cheese with edam cheese. It was also delicious.
This weekend while watching football games I tried out a few cupcake recipes. I am still very interested in baking my own cupcakes for our wedding, so these are some potential flavors for the event. I just made a few of each and they were the mini ones so we could taste them all and not get sick. The left one is a vanilla bean cupcake with chocolate buttercream, the middle is lavender, and the right one is chocolate mint. I want to try out a few more recipes, but I think these are all in the running for the big day! I'd love a variety of colors too like these would offer.
Monday I got home early from my training and started getting ready for a little dinner party at our apartment with my favorite middle school buddies, Leigha and Sarah and their significant others. Also along with my recent cheese recipe obsession, I made a lasagna with lots of different cheeses. It honor of the chilly fall quickly overcoming Seattle, I found a great recipe that had pumpkin in it.  I was a little iffy of the combination, but it turned out great with a little hint of pumpkin. It was also the first time I tried cooking with a real pumpkin instead of out of the can. It was a lot easier than I had imagined and now I have extra pumpkin that I need to make something else with! Also in honor of fall, I've been making some great apple sauce in my crock pot! It was the perfect dessert while I was sick, and sooo easy. It's so good nice and hot straight out of the crock pot and makes the apartment smell great.

Monday I start my new job, so I've been frantically running around preparing for that move. I'll move everything from my house the following weekend, then I'll officially be in Seattle to stay! I can't wait for things to settle down a little around here! Also...the first big snow just hit all the mountains, so it looks like snowboarding is just around the corner...hopefully I don't break my wrist again this year!

No comments: